PI Centre Startup Teams (PILOTS Lite Programme)
As the 1st on campus co-working space in HK, PI Centre supports aspiring entrepreneurs to prepare and fine-tune their startups. PI Centre with the expertise in building startups, offers advice and industry connections to students, actualising preliminary ideas into working business models, and providing workspace, facilities, training, funding, proof of concept and mentoring services.
PI Centre has 2 intakes per year – one in Spring, and one in Fall. Teams are selected based on criteria by a panel of internal and external judges, and successful applicants are offered a 12-month incubation period under the PILOTS LITE programme.
Successfully admitted teams could receive (Up to 1 year, for free):
- - Co-working space
- - Training Mentorship
- - Up to HK$130,000 Startup Seed Funding
- - HKSTP Co-Ideation Programme
- - Networking Opportunities, Field trips and more
The PI Centre is supported by:
WHO CAN APPLY
• All CUHK students (undergraduate and postgraduate) (full time and part time) in ANY discipline, who have an innovative idea and a passion for creating significant human, social, or market value.
• Applicants can apply as individuals or teams. In each team, the principal applicant must be a CUHK current student.
• Applicants must not have been registered with a BR / a company for their own project at the time of application.
• Priority will be given to:
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans backed by research and/or scientific discoveries with research faculties and academic supervisor's endorsement.
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans being recognized in open or university-wide competitions, or having received any award and/or endorsements from other authorities.
- Teams with students from diversified educational backgrounds and skillsets (i.e. from various Faculties or Departments).
HOW TO APPLY
(Optional) Attend our Info Session on 9 September 2022 (Fri), 17:30-18:30, to learn more about the requirements of the Business Pitch Deck, as well as the important points to note while preparing it. Register for the Info Session here.
Fill out the Online Application Form AND upload the completed Business Pitch Deck before 23:59, 16 Sep 2022 (Fri).
The pitch deck must be submitted in PowerPoint format.
Please name the submission email and your file as "Your Project Name_Business Pitch Deck for PI Centre", i.e., “HappyPI_Business Pitch Deck for PI Centre".
• Applications will be assessed by the Vetting Panel comprising core members of the Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services (ORKTS), Center for Entrepreneurship (CfE), Centre for Innovation and Technology and entrepreneurs (CINTEC) or experts in the relevant field.
• The panel will assess the business pitch decks and select teams for the First Round interview on 3 October 2022 (Mon) and the shortlisted teams will demonstrate their project and future plans in the Final Interview on 13 October 2022 (Thursday).
• Admitted applicants/teams will be notified individually. The result will also be announced on PI Centre's website and social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• How to Evaluate Startup Ideas by Y Combinator • How to Pitch your Startup - Y Combinator
• Identifying Competition
• Feasibility Analysis
• Porter's 5 forces model
• Developing an effective business model
• The Early Pitch Decks Of 25 Startups Before They Became Billion-Dollar Companies