PI Centre Start-up Teams (PILOTS Lite Programme)
As the 1st 24/7 on campus co-working space in HK, PI Centre supports aspiring entrepreneurs to prepare and fine-tune their startups. PI Centre with the expertise in building startups, offers advice and industry connections to students, actualising preliminary ideas into working business models, and providing workspace, facilities, training, funding, proof of concept and mentoring services.
PI Centre has 2 intakes per year – one in Spring, and one in Fall. Teams are selected based on criteria by a panel of internal and external judges, and successful applicants are offered a 12-month incubation period under the PILOTS LITE programme.
Successfully admitted teams could receive (Up to 1 year, for free):
- • Co-working space @ InnoPort
- • HKD 30,000 Start-up seed funding (for teams who have met their milestones)
- • PILOTS Lite Start-up Programme
- • Training, Mentorship, Networking Opportunities, Field trips and more!
WHO CAN APPLY
• All CUHK students (undergraduate and postgraduate) (full time and part time) in ANY discipline, who have an innovative idea and a passion to create significant human, social, or market value.
• Applicants can apply as individuals or teams. In each team, the principal applicant must be a CUHK current student.
• Applicants must not have been registered with a BR / a company for their own project at the time of application.
• Priority will be given to:
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans backed by research and/or scientific discoveries with research faculties and academic supervisors endorsement.
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans being recognized in open or university-wide competitions, or having received any award and/or endorsements from other authorities.
- Teams with students from diversified educational background and skillset (i.e. from various Faculties or Departments).
Applications for Fall 2021 recruitment are now closed.
Our Spring 2022 recruitment will take place in Feb-Mar 2022.
Don't want to miss out? Follow us on our social media platforms!
• Applications will be assessed by the Vetting Panel comprising core members of Center for Entrepreneurship, Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services, Centre for Innovation and Technology and entrepreneurs or experts in the relevant field.
• The panel will assess the business pitch decks and select teams for First Round interview (Date TBA for Spring 2022) and the Panel Final Interview on (Date TBA for Spring 2022), to demonstrate their project and future plans.
• Admitted applicants/teams will be notified individually. The result will also be announced on PI Centre’s website and social platforms. (Facebook: cuhkpicentre ; Instagram: @cuhk.picentre)
【 Result Announcement: PI Centre Startup Team Recruitment (Fall 2021) 】
1. Bubstal | 2. Hotbox | 3. Music Instrument for Pet with AI Analytic | 4. OAO (Project Apollo) | 5. SharkFin Technologies | 6. SonicSpeed | 7. TradeMe
Congratulations to our new PI teams!