Application to Pre- Incubation Centre (Pi Centre) Startup Team - Spring 2019
CUHK Pi Centre is now open to all students who are interested in innovation and embarking new ventures for application!
WHO CAN APPLY
- All CUHK current students (undergraduate and postgraduate) (full time and part time) in ANY discipline, who have an innovative idea and a passion to create significant human, social, or market value.
- Applicants can apply as individuals or teams. In each team, there must be at least one CUHK current student as the principal applicant.
- Applicants must not have been registered a company for his project at the time of application.
- Priority will be given to:
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans backed by research and/or scientific discoveries with research faculties and academic supervisor’s endorsement.
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans being recognized in open or university-wide competitions, or having received any award and/or endorsements from other authorities.
- Teams with students from diversified educational background and skillset (i.e. from various Faculties or Departments).
HOW TO APPLY
- Read through the Application Guideline and download the Business Pitch Deck template.
- (Optional) Attend our Info Session on February 15, 2019 (Friday) to know more about the requirements of the Business Summary, as well as the important points to note while preparing it. Register for the Info Session here.
- Fill out the Online Application Form AND upload the completed Business Pitch Deck before 15:00, March 19, 2019 (Tuesday).
- The summary must be submitted in PowerPoint format.
- Please name the submission email and your file as "Your Project Name_Business Pitch Deck for Pi Centre", i.e. “HappyPi_Business Pitch Deck for Pi Centre”.
- Applications will be assessed by the Vetting Panel comprising core members of Center for Entrepreneurship, Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services, Centre for Innovation and Technology and entrepreneurs or experts in the relevant field.
- The panel will assess the business pitch decks and select teams to the 1st Round Interview on March 21, 2019 (Thursday) and Final Interview on April 2, 2019 (Tuesday), to demonstrate their project and future plan.
- Admitted applicants/teams will be notified individually and the result will also be announced on the websites of Pi Centre.
The Pi Centre is supported by: