Application to Pre- Incubation Centre (Pi Centre) Startup Team - Fall 2018
CUHK Pi Centre is now open to all students who are interested in innovation and embarking new ventures for application!
WHO CAN APPLY
- All CUHK students (undergraduate and postgraduate) (full time and part time) in ANY discipline, who have an innovative idea and a passion to create significant human, social, or market value.
- Applicants can apply as individuals or teams.
- Priority will be given to:
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans backed by research and/or scientific discoveries with research faculties and academic supervisors endorsement.
- Applicants with ideas and/or plans being recognized in open or university-wide competitions, or having received any award and/or endorsements from other authorities.
- Teams with students from diversified educational background and skillset (i.e. from various Faculties or Departments).
HOW TO APPLY
- Read through the Application Guideline and download the Business Summary template.
- (Optional) Attend our Info Session on September 21, 2018 (Friday) to know more about the requirements of the Business Summary, as well as the important points to note while preparing it. Register for the Info Session here.
- Fill out the Online Application Form AND upload the completed Business Summary before 23:59, October 7, 2018 (Sunday).
- The summary must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- Please name the submission email and your file as "Your Project Name_Business Summary for Pi Centre", i.e. “HappyPi_Business Summary for Pi Centre”.
- Applications will be assessed by the Vetting Panel comprising core members of Center for Entrepreneurship, Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services, Centre for Innovation and Technology and entrepreneurs or experts in the relevant field.
- The panel will assess the business summaries and select teams to the Panel Interview on October 24, 2018 (Wednesday), to demonstrate their project and future plan.
- Admitted applicants/teams will be notified individually and the result will also be announced on the websites of Pi Centre.
The Pi Centre is supported by: